mpadapa
10-07 02:54 PM
bump
wallpaper Wallpapers - South Desert
eb3retro
10-14 03:18 PM
not to be pessimistic, nov 3 is really close and I am thinking it may not happen. Here is what i have done and am planning to do..my recd date is july 30th and my travel agent is nov 21st.
1) already expedited the cases by phone.
2) just faxed the letter to local congressman.
3) have an infopass appt for the end of the month.
4) have a letter ready for the ombudsman, will send it right away after the infopass appt.
Doing all this, i am still not sure if I can make it to this trip or lose $1800 by cancelling my tickets.
Me too !! My ticket were for Nov 3 and i am waiting for the last 54 days ..just requested USICS to expediate the AP based on financial loss ...
1) already expedited the cases by phone.
2) just faxed the letter to local congressman.
3) have an infopass appt for the end of the month.
4) have a letter ready for the ombudsman, will send it right away after the infopass appt.
Doing all this, i am still not sure if I can make it to this trip or lose $1800 by cancelling my tickets.
Me too !! My ticket were for Nov 3 and i am waiting for the last 54 days ..just requested USICS to expediate the AP based on financial loss ...
pd_recapturing
06-28 01:49 PM
You should get your EAD within 3 months of your application provided your I485 is already applied or applied along with EAD; EAD is independent of your I-140 approval.
This is wrong. EAD can be issued when both of the following conditions MUST meet:
I140 has been approved
I485 application is 180 days old
This is wrong. EAD can be issued when both of the following conditions MUST meet:
I140 has been approved
I485 application is 180 days old
2011 Desert Snow

GC_Geek
09-12 12:40 PM
It is a personal choice plus the level of risk you take, I bought my house before my GC was approved and here I am now. Setting aside GC concern, the only problem you might face is securing a loan with good rate, all lowest rate that you notice in internet banner or Bank flyer is not applicable to you, simple reason H1b Visa is considered as temporary Visa, once your loan application is taken by a banker, one of the question in loan app. pertain to Citizenship, if you're US citizen or GC holder then chances of getting loan with lower rate is higher(though many factors contribute to lower rate and loan approval), but if a person on H1B visa approach for a home loan, then Under writers perceive you as high risk borrower, some bank may deny loan if you claim as H1B visa holder, but some banks will approve loan but on higher rate.
In my case I was on EAD when my loan was approved, it was a hell lot of problem in convincing UW to approve loan, I approached my lawyer to get a letter stating that a person on EAD is one step closer to GC to get final approval, still I ended up taking 0.25 % more rate.
Good Luck
HTH
kris
I really liked your sensible answer, useful for me too...
I am guessing that the original poster of this poll is looking for some answers/opinions/advises like this.
Thanks Kris,
In my case I was on EAD when my loan was approved, it was a hell lot of problem in convincing UW to approve loan, I approached my lawyer to get a letter stating that a person on EAD is one step closer to GC to get final approval, still I ended up taking 0.25 % more rate.
Good Luck
HTH
kris
I really liked your sensible answer, useful for me too...
I am guessing that the original poster of this poll is looking for some answers/opinions/advises like this.
Thanks Kris,
more...
simple1
05-29 01:22 PM
How to find out the group that lobbied for this bill ?
Based on EB recapture provisions in this bill, I strongly believe they have EB2/3 (I/C) folks like us behind this lobbying.
IV can join hands with them and leverage assets jointly. Including call for funding to a larger audience.
Based on EB recapture provisions in this bill, I strongly believe they have EB2/3 (I/C) folks like us behind this lobbying.
IV can join hands with them and leverage assets jointly. Including call for funding to a larger audience.
nyte_crawler
04-02 04:26 PM
Its simple. If your priority date is <Year> then you wish it to be in <Year> and you predict to be so and say that the rest of the categories will not move.
more...
ksrk
01-15 06:03 PM
Note that when you call Customer Support, they recognize Receive Date what you see in your online status as "...your case was received on...", which may be quite different than RD on your receipt. [/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree - my experience has been the same. The customer service representative insisted the receive date was whatever showed up in the online status, even though it was ~45 days after the receipt date printed on my receipt notice.
Btw, I have a question about background/namecheck. I remember reading someplace (official) that fingerprints are valid for a period of 15 months. Now imagine this - at the end of that period, you are fingerprinted again, and while the background/namecheck is in progress the "annual lottery" period opens up in Jul/Aug/Sept. Is that file skipped again since background check is pending?
Regardless of what laws USCIS vouches for, I believe this is what happened during last year "lottery season" in Aug/Sept. My background check was completed and entered in the system mid-Aug., while the USCIS ran out of visa numbers a week or two later.
Yes, I agree - my experience has been the same. The customer service representative insisted the receive date was whatever showed up in the online status, even though it was ~45 days after the receipt date printed on my receipt notice.
Btw, I have a question about background/namecheck. I remember reading someplace (official) that fingerprints are valid for a period of 15 months. Now imagine this - at the end of that period, you are fingerprinted again, and while the background/namecheck is in progress the "annual lottery" period opens up in Jul/Aug/Sept. Is that file skipped again since background check is pending?
Regardless of what laws USCIS vouches for, I believe this is what happened during last year "lottery season" in Aug/Sept. My background check was completed and entered in the system mid-Aug., while the USCIS ran out of visa numbers a week or two later.
2010 Alone in the Desert wallpaper
dpp
11-04 03:14 PM
There is nothing to discuss on this. Just take the cash to any national bank SBI or ICICI or UTI and ask them i want to wire trasfer to US bank account. They ask you to fill up wire trasnfer form by giving US bank accout and routing numbers. They just do it by taking some fee for wire transfer. Thats it. You will get into your US bank account in a day. Thats for sure. I did this number of times. I don't know, you guys make it complex everything, by saying NRE/NRO/RBI etc. It just damn simple, do wire transfer.
I know this is possible although I did not try this. I think you need to get a certified letter from CA. But can you give the money from your account and again have them gift you ? I mean wouldn't the bank check this is the same money that you gave to your parents previously.
Btw, you can get upto $100K from your NRE account without RBI's permission. Also you deposit your Rent, interest etc that you get in India, into the Repatriatable NRO account and repatriate here in USA.
I know this is possible although I did not try this. I think you need to get a certified letter from CA. But can you give the money from your account and again have them gift you ? I mean wouldn't the bank check this is the same money that you gave to your parents previously.
Btw, you can get upto $100K from your NRE account without RBI's permission. Also you deposit your Rent, interest etc that you get in India, into the Repatriatable NRO account and repatriate here in USA.
more...
gbof
08-05 10:39 PM
I just call them, was told that they have no additional information that what is available on the recorded message or the USCIS case status web site. I said I wanted to know if the case is 'pre-adjudicated' and the lady mentioned that that information is not disclosed. ;(
After nearly 15 months, going by recent postings here , I was tempted to call IO to get any update on my 'pending I-485' . I happened to talk to a nice IO on my first attempt. She took some time to check on status and told me my 'name check is pending'. I told her on previous occasions / Infopass I was all the time told 'everything for me, especially name check is cleared'. She came out with an explanation---- your 2nd FP was cleared on 17 July 09 (Yes, I had 2nd FP on 7/6/09 as Ist FP in Sept 07 'expired' after 15 Mo validity) and that is why new 'name check' is initiated.
I can not believe this. If this is so, they may have to wait for 180 days even if there is nothing adverse from fbi and the dates become current.
It is very creepy.....
Please, share your thoughts if uscis require NC again and again for this never ending GC process ..
After nearly 15 months, going by recent postings here , I was tempted to call IO to get any update on my 'pending I-485' . I happened to talk to a nice IO on my first attempt. She took some time to check on status and told me my 'name check is pending'. I told her on previous occasions / Infopass I was all the time told 'everything for me, especially name check is cleared'. She came out with an explanation---- your 2nd FP was cleared on 17 July 09 (Yes, I had 2nd FP on 7/6/09 as Ist FP in Sept 07 'expired' after 15 Mo validity) and that is why new 'name check' is initiated.
I can not believe this. If this is so, they may have to wait for 180 days even if there is nothing adverse from fbi and the dates become current.
It is very creepy.....
Please, share your thoughts if uscis require NC again and again for this never ending GC process ..
hair desert wallpapers. of the
akv123
07-14 07:22 AM
Should IV be worried for credit on 'Gandhigiri'? Stop fighting with other groups -- stay focused on the main issue - July VB reversal.
more...
Openarms
04-02 01:08 PM
Dear All,
Can we determine to pool in at least 200,000.00 (each to contribute at least 300 dollars) so that we can at least hope for GC in few months and not years.
Please help yourself.
My contribution for April:
Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: Caliber)
$50.00 USD for one month
Effective Date: Apr. 1, 2009 $50.00 USD
Is it a guaranty or just assumption that we get GC in few months if we pool $300 ??? sounds to me is a guaranty.. can you back this up with reasonable explanation????
Can we determine to pool in at least 200,000.00 (each to contribute at least 300 dollars) so that we can at least hope for GC in few months and not years.
Please help yourself.
My contribution for April:
Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: Caliber)
$50.00 USD for one month
Effective Date: Apr. 1, 2009 $50.00 USD
Is it a guaranty or just assumption that we get GC in few months if we pool $300 ??? sounds to me is a guaranty.. can you back this up with reasonable explanation????
hot Moon Photo, Desert Wallpaper,
forgerator
05-06 12:36 PM
Hi,
I have 3 yrs degree + 1 yr PG diploma. I have been working in industry for past 17 years, and don't think any degree or even doctorate would add much to my qualification for the job that I am doing.
I am currently filed in EB3 category, and new company I am changing job to are ready to refile my GC. But they won't file my GC in EB2 category, as I don't meet the 4 yr BS requirement.
My son will be in the highschool in 4 years, and I don't want to spend a lot of money on getting MS to myself. But for the GC I am looking for fastest and cheapest way to get MS program. I have no idea how it works, what qualifies me for a degree, what can I get credits for. Any inputs would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Seems like your end goal is to get GC, have you considered option of waiting for your son to become 18 so that he can sponsor you for GC? That might be an even faster option than EB2, considering the current backlog.
This is of course assuming that your son is a US citizen.
I have 3 yrs degree + 1 yr PG diploma. I have been working in industry for past 17 years, and don't think any degree or even doctorate would add much to my qualification for the job that I am doing.
I am currently filed in EB3 category, and new company I am changing job to are ready to refile my GC. But they won't file my GC in EB2 category, as I don't meet the 4 yr BS requirement.
My son will be in the highschool in 4 years, and I don't want to spend a lot of money on getting MS to myself. But for the GC I am looking for fastest and cheapest way to get MS program. I have no idea how it works, what qualifies me for a degree, what can I get credits for. Any inputs would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Seems like your end goal is to get GC, have you considered option of waiting for your son to become 18 so that he can sponsor you for GC? That might be an even faster option than EB2, considering the current backlog.
This is of course assuming that your son is a US citizen.
more...
house WallpapersDesert.
nrk
08-11 08:47 AM
There is no chance of moving forward in October, But I believe there is every possibility of the dates staying as it is and move forward in December Visa bulletin.
I might be wrong that is my wish.
Its 26May. I don't think they will move something in Oct right???
I might be wrong that is my wish.
Its 26May. I don't think they will move something in Oct right???
tattoo 650 dunes desert wallpaper
thomachan72
08-24 11:08 AM
Hi buddy cannot findout how to vote. Please cast a vote for me PD >2006 (actually 2008)
more...
pictures Desert wallpaper Image
superdoc
09-19 04:44 PM
Not entirely true, I switched job a couple of months ago - filed for AC21. I got an acknowledgment from USCIS for the same - stating that it will be added to my file, to be reviewed when my application is processed.
did u transfer h1 thoough ?
did u transfer h1 thoough ?
dresses White Sand Desert Wallpaper
sam_hoosier
04-09 04:29 PM
Here is the "India Thing" again.
Please, if you really love your country go back home. I don't think America really cares if you leave.
There will always H1-B application every year.
I'm not from India.
The question is not whether America cares or not, its just about people (Indians) venting their frustration with the whole GC/retrogression issue.
I am surprised that you care enough to post in this thread, when you are not from India ;)
Please, if you really love your country go back home. I don't think America really cares if you leave.
There will always H1-B application every year.
I'm not from India.
The question is not whether America cares or not, its just about people (Indians) venting their frustration with the whole GC/retrogression issue.
I am surprised that you care enough to post in this thread, when you are not from India ;)
more...
makeup The White Desert
anantc
08-26 11:07 AM
My labor was put as just "computer programmer" with my US experience as 4 yrs experience on top of having BE + Masters (From India). My I-140 for EB2 got denied and my company forced it to refile in EB3, which got approved recently.. but then am in the long queue of I-1485.
Initially it was queue for Labor in 2003 which took 2+ years, then I-140 2yrs for getting EB2-denial and then another year for EB3-approval of I-140. Now waiting for I-485 since 2007 July.
:eek:
Initially it was queue for Labor in 2003 which took 2+ years, then I-140 2yrs for getting EB2-denial and then another year for EB3-approval of I-140. Now waiting for I-485 since 2007 July.
:eek:
girlfriend Earth - Desert Wallpaper
Marphad
03-17 04:15 PM
I think is IP banned and he no longer able to access the IV.
Thats I read in his forum...
Banning IP is not a good idea. If you are sitting in a company, for all people, outside world will get the same IP.
Thats I read in his forum...
Banning IP is not a good idea. If you are sitting in a company, for all people, outside world will get the same IP.
hairstyles new desert wallpaper
kavita
07-02 11:11 AM
who would be a good lawyer to consult regarding this?
GCplease
10-24 02:05 PM
hi guys,
The PD current for EB1 in the month of Oct.
I have filed my I-140,I-485 on Oct10 2007 in the category of EB1.
But until now i did not receive any confirmation notice..
Can anyone say what should i do now or have to wait for some more weeks?
Thanks in advance...
Give them some time.
It has only been 15 days since you applied. They can take upto 2 months to send you the 485 receipt notice due to the huge influx of 485 applications they received over the past 2 months.
The PD current for EB1 in the month of Oct.
I have filed my I-140,I-485 on Oct10 2007 in the category of EB1.
But until now i did not receive any confirmation notice..
Can anyone say what should i do now or have to wait for some more weeks?
Thanks in advance...
Give them some time.
It has only been 15 days since you applied. They can take upto 2 months to send you the 485 receipt notice due to the huge influx of 485 applications they received over the past 2 months.
vin13
01-14 12:54 PM
The Employment Based Immigration section explains how they will make a task force to prevent illegal workers from being exploited. I don't see anything for legal EB workers other than this 5 year thing which will start counting after this law is passed. :mad:
It says 5 years preceding from the date this law is enacted. Does this not mean that they will look 5 years back from the date this law is enacted?
Also i do not see them say it is for illegals only...
I do not think they would make it easier for illegals than legal residents.
I am not very optimistic about this . But i would definately like to see this pass.
It says 5 years preceding from the date this law is enacted. Does this not mean that they will look 5 years back from the date this law is enacted?
Also i do not see them say it is for illegals only...
I do not think they would make it easier for illegals than legal residents.
I am not very optimistic about this . But i would definately like to see this pass.